Shoulder Pain Rehabilitation Program
The following program details a strength and mobility progression designed to help decrease shoulder pain, return to normal activities, and improve strength/endurance. This program comes with videos and weekly charts to help you track and monitor your progress. A few notes before we begin:
- If your pain gets worse or is exacerbated by any of the exercises, consult your Physical Therapist or Physician.
- This program is divided into 3 phases, with each phase 2 weeks in length. DO NOT skip ahead.
- For the mobility exercises, complete on both sides.
- Complete the exercises in order: mobility, and then strength. It’s okay if you are unable to complete them all in one sitting, but try to do so when you can. It is preferable to do all exercises broken up than not at all!
- Use the “Complete” box and personal notes section to track your progress. Be mindful of how you are feeling each week. We are looking for improvement that is trending upward overall. However, keep in mind that some days you may feel worse than others.
- One of the videos included in this program explains how to perform self soft tissue mobilization. This should be completed daily, focusing on areas that are the most tender and/or problematic. You can do this up to twice a day, but make sure to monitor the area for any bruising or lingering soreness. You may also augment with program with massage therapy.
- At the top of each table, it will list the week and how many times to perform the block. You may choose which days to perform the block, however monitor your fatigue and soreness levels. Novel exercise, no matter how simple, will induce a change in the tissues of the body.
- If you have any questions regarding this program, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770-842-1418